How to feel confident in front of the camera
As a boudoir photographer, I know the importance of portraying confidence in front of the camera. However, I also know that most people (including me!) often feel shy, nervous, or awkward in a photo-shoot setting.
At the VS Photography boudoir studio, I always strive to provide my clients with a fun, comfortable environment for their boudoir photography sessions. I get to know everyone I work with well before they come into the studio and offer day-of posing coaching and guidance so my clients have nothing to worry about except feeling fabulous the day of their shoot.
Ready to strike a pose for your next photo shoot? Here are a few tips on how to feel confident in front of the camera:
- Get to know your photographer. A professional photo shoot can be an intimidating experience but the photographer is there to ensure you feel comfortable and confident. Ask your photographer about any questions or thoughts you may have and let them put you at ease. You’ll feel more relaxed in fornt of the camera if you develop a friendly relationship with your photographer.
- Practice makes perfect. A little bit of practice in front of the mirror can work wonders before strutting your stuff at a photo shoot. Study up on some inspiration via Pinterest, practice your posing, and get to know your angles. The more you feel comfortable in your own skin, the more that confidence reads on camera!
- Stay Positive. Remember to keep a positive mindset during a shoot. Tune out negative self-talk and ignore the rest of the world. Focus on the present moment and surround yourself with happy thoughts. You got this!
- Pamper yourself. Confidence comes from within, but indulging in a bit of beauty pampering never hurts. Get a glamorous blowout, splurge on some new makeup, or have a fresh mani and pedi for an extra boost of confidence. You’ll feel like a million bucks!
- Have fun. Remember that above all else, getting in front of the camera should be a fun experience. As with anything, confidence naturally develops over time and sometimes you have to fake it ‘til you make it. There’s absolutely no need to fret as long as you’re focused on having fun!
Whether commemorating a wedding, an anniversary, or a special milestone in your life, an intimate portrait shoot is the perfect way to celebrate yourself and create a memory that will last forever. A boudoir photography session with VS Photography is a unique, empowering experience that every woman should try at least once.
Contact for a free consultation or to book!